Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Windows 7 RC Released (7100.0.090421-1700)

By now, most will have jumped on the bandwagon and downloaded Windows 7 RC. I've secured my 64-bit and 32-bit ISOs for install later this week. I look forward to test driving this new OS. From what I've read, native driver support is receiving high marks as well as stability (Vista has been nothing but stable for me so I'd expect nothing less).

If you are interested and haven't grabbed the download yet, here is the linky:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

A quick side note:

The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010.

Once I have 64-bit installed, I'll post my findings. Enjoy the RC!