Not really specific to the M1730 but I wanted to post this in case some of you are having problems with the desktop right click context menu after installing 185.85 or the new 186.03 Forceware Driver.
Symptom:Right Clicking on the desktop produces a delayed context menu (delay can range from 1-5 seconds).
1. Open REGEDIT via the Run Command and look for this key:
2. Once located, right click on it and DELETE it.
3. Open up Notepad and paste in the following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Nvidia Control Panel]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Nvidia Control Panel\Command]
4. Save the file to the Desktop as: NV_FIX.reg
5. Run CCleaner's registry sweep just to be sure everything is tidy.
6. Open up the .reg file you created and then OK the prompt to merge the entries to your Registry.
7. Reboot and enjoy a nice speedy context menu.
When you decide to install a new driver, you will need to manually delete this from your registry. Just open up Regedit and find the key you created and delete it:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Nvidia Control Panel